Internet of Things
Accelerating the IoT with Intel® FPGAs and SoCs.
IoT promises to be a broad driving force that will create significant new innovation, facilitate new business models and improve global society in unimaginable ways. Intel FPGAs solutions enable true flexibility and scalability to address IoT requirements with inherent hardware and software programmability. This powerful combination allows you to enable autonomous operation, tailor your solution to your customer's specific requirements and scale solutions to meet fragmented and evolving market requirements.
From intelligent buildings and connected cars to smart power grids and city infrastructure, FPGAs democratize IoT innovation. Our solutions enable anyone to develop any application, scaling from single prototype units to hundreds of thousands of units in production. This elegantly mimics the wide variety of different solutions encompassed by IoT rather than a small number of very high volume systems.
Key Benefits of Intel FPGAs and SoCs
- Meet fragmented IoT application requirements and optimize your time to market with the flexibility to customize in both hardware and software
- Enable inherent, robust security through hardware crypto acceleration and monolithic ARM* processor integration
- Support diverse and evolving IoT gateway requirements through flexible protocol switching/bridging and secure remote in-field upgrades
- Extract maximum value from data analytics at the edge and in the data center with the industry’s highest performance-per-watt and performance-per-$
- Preserve R&D investment across a broad portfolio of IoT solutions enabling solutions from things to gateways to the data center
Take a three-minute tour from the edge and back on the impact IoT is having on data processing and how FPGAs, like Intel® Stratix® 10, are an invaluable part of meeting future processing needs.
Forbes Report: Insights into the coming data avalanche and how Intel’s acquisition of Altera will impact data management and the semiconductor industry.