Volkswagen Financial Services is a business division of the Volkswagen AG group of companies and comprises the Volkswagen Financial Services AG along with its associated companies—Volkswagen Bank GmbH, Porsche Financial Services, and the financial services companies in the USA, Canada, and Spain that belong directly or indirectly to Volkswagen AG—with the exception of the financial services of the Scania brand and Porsche Holding Salzburg.
VWFS has nearly 500 meeting rooms, or collaboration spaces, at its headquarters and most of them are using different technologies like TV, projectors, and flipcharts. Some also use PCs. Every meeting costs time to prepare.
VWFS’s goal is for every room to look technically the same. They want collaboration to be smart and simple. VWFS selected Intel Unite® to help them achieve their objectives of smart and simple meetings that are unified across the organization.
VWFS’s initial focus was on wireless screen sharing with Intel Unite. They are also testing guest access and Skype integration. Employees like the ability to join meetings from home via a virtual private network (VPN). In the future, VWFS plans to integrate additional apps to enable digital whiteboarding and have employees work together on one screen.
Using Intel Unite speeds up the start of meetings. Now users only need one device to implement all of their use cases. I call it the Apple effect; everyone can use the basics without any training.”—David Reiter, VWFS Program Lead, Intel Unite
About Intel Unite
The Intel Unite solution is a fast, simple, cost-efficient way to deliver a more secure, manageable, high-quality collaboration experience. Whether you select the on-premise or the new cloud options, the solution works with your existing technologies and provides controlled content sharing. It is easy to use, supports a range of devices and operating systems, as well as many business plugins, and requires minimal training for end users. The solution allows a lower total cost of ownership (TCO), given the simple and low pricing structure, along with the ability to integrate with your existing infrastructure—supporting a broad range of devices and collaboration technologies.1
Integration between Intel Unite and Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) technologies (e.g., Skype for Business, Zoom, and WebEx) benefit both sides of the equation. For example, Intel Unite leverages UCC AV capabilities and those technologies leverage the Intel Unite multiple wireless presenter capabilities. Session initiation flow is the same regardless of which UCC technology you integrate with; some rooms could be Skype and some could be WebEx, but users still enter a six-digit PIN, click present, click the UCC integration plugin, and click scheduled meeting. This accelerates the ability for users to join a meeting—since users are no longer responsible for how to negotiate the AV connection—as well as share content in the room and during the UCC session.
Intel® security2 and encryption technologies help ensure that content and sharing occurs only between approved meeting participants. Additionally, the solution offers telemetry and remote manageability for IT and facilities managers.
With the Intel Unite solution, you can deliver a great business-ready collaboration and user experience and create intelligent meeting spaces.
The Intel Unite solution is a content-sharing software application optimized for an Intel® Core™ vPro® processor-based hub, which makes meeting rooms remotely manageable and more secure.
- Scale from small meeting spaces to large collaboration settings and conference rooms.
- Gain the choice and flexibility to connect to cost- and size-constrained environments, as well as large conference rooms with a single platform experience for the end user.
- Provide a consistent collaboration or videoconferencing experience while simplifying IT management across all collaboration spaces.
- Deploy a single image and customize each room or groups of rooms with a single plugin that loads the room functionality.
The Intel Unite Solution
- Open and extensible platform: Supports most common devices and operating systems and many business plugins.
- Cost-effective: Affordable solution, whether on-premise or cloud hosted.
- Simplified manageability: Remote management via the Intel vPro® platform delivers a complete manageability solution across devices and peripherals.
- Improved security: Helps safeguard data, content, and file sharing; helps control user access; helps protect data through hardware-level security and encryption features.
- Ease of use: Users can quickly start meetings and wirelessly share content without dongles, adapters, or cables and interact seamlessly with the touch interface.
- Improved collaboration: Share multiple screens at a time and annotate to bring attention to important information.
Intel Unite provides ease of use, low cost, and device ubiquity. It is customizable, integrates with in-room solutions, and allows users to participate in meetings from any location.
VWFS likes our close interaction with Intel to help us find solutions, improve Intel Unite, and help us implement features as we need them. We continue to learn the benefits of applications of Intel Unite, like the ability to save whiteboard sessions, and appreciate the ongoing exchange we have with Intel as they help us meet our needs.”—David Reiter, VWFS Program Lead, Intel Unite