There is growing concern about how counterfeit electronic parts might cause safety hazards or failure of business critical applications. Current supply chain practices start with trusting the source, but processes are limited for screening out counterfeit components, particularly for products containing many subsystems. In fact, companies often purchase IT equipment without knowing counterfeit IT equipment is infiltrating their data centers.
Securing Your Business Throughout the Supply Chain
Intel is leading the industry standard for managing risk end-to-end in the supply chain with the Intel Transparent Supply Chain – a set of policies and procedures implemented at Intel's factories that enable end-users to validate where and when every component of a server was manufactured.
- Digitally signed statement of conformance for every motherboard (server board)
- Platform certificates provided for all motherboards with a secured Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Server board component data (as-built) tracked and saved for 20 years
- Direct Platform Data File contains all L9 integrated components including processor, storage, memory, and add-in cards
- Auto Verify tool compares the “snapshot” of the direct platform data taken during manufacturing with a “snapshot” of the platform components taken at first boot
- Firmware load verification
Increased Security and Accountability
Intel Transparent Supply Chain helps assure resellers and end-customers that their products come with a level of accountability and traceability unprecedented in the industry. The end result is a more secure supply chain for the industry.
Intel maintains server data for 20 years that can be traced back to the component level through the motherboard's serial number.
Platform certificates provide digital proof of product origin.
Customers can now inject a higher level of proof compared to the current standard.
Increased integrity and authenticity of the supply chain.
Download Statement of Conformance and Platform Certificate
Verify that your server is authentic. Simply enter the serial number of the server board, to get the statement of conformance and if applicable, the platform certificate.