Why Intel for Google Cloud Enterprise Workloads?
What’s the Challenge?
- Today’s competitive and fast-paced business environment demands operational efficiency, business continuity, application modernization and digital transformation across a wide range of enterprise workloads.
- For enterprises to keep business-critical apps running effectively, they need a powerful hardware platform that supports the efficient execution of workloads such as SAP, Oracle and VMware.
- Enterprises seek trusted, tested and certified solutions that enable them to seamlessly migrate workloads from on-premises to Google Cloud.
What’s the Solution?
Run Enterprise Workloads on Intel® Architecture
Intel works with software leaders like VMware, Oracle and SAP, and on open-source software solutions, to optimize application performance on Intel® Xeon® processors. These efforts mean that Google Cloud end-customers gain several advantages by choosing Google Cloud solutions based on Intel architecture. These include high-performance for enterprise workloads, efficient IT infrastructure management and ease of application development and deployment.
Intel Technology Is Available in Workload-Optimized Instances:
- Compute-optimized (C2) instances use Intel Xeon processors to provide the optimal performance for near-real-time enterprise workloads, such as multi-player gaming, high-performance computing (HPC), video encoding and real-time web serving.
- Memory optimized (M2) instances are ideal for database workloads, such as SAP HANA, and give memory agility for these enterprise workloads.
Take Advantage of Co-Innovation
- Artificial intelligence (AI) training on a C2 instance is 65 percent faster and 18 percent less expensive vs. other solutions.1
- Oracle, Google Cloud VMware Engine and SAP HANA are all certified for Intel Xeon processor-based solutions on Google Cloud—meaning that your customers can deploy with confidence.
- AI inference using 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, which offer Intel® Deep Learning Boost with Vector Neural Network Instructions, is 33 percent faster and 25 percent cheaper than a similar workload running on previous-generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.2
Bring VMware-Based Environments to Google Cloud Enabled by Intel
- Offer high performance to your customers: Google Cloud VMware engine runs on 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, which deliver very high (2.6 GHz normal, 3.9 GHz burst) compute performance for your customers’ enterprise workloads.
- Google Cloud VMware Engine offers large machines with 72 Intel vCPUs and ample memory and solid-state drive (SSD) capacity to enable lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Offer the highest availability to your customers: This Intel technology-powered solution is available in most regions of the world.
- The Google Cloud VMware Engine Intel architecture-based machines are certified by VMware. This means end-customers can trust that applications will work ‘out of the box’, without having to fine-tune the system or worry about data loss.
- The Google Cloud VMware Engine trial program, funded by Intel, lets your customers try before they buy. Details are located at go/gcve-intel-credits.
Accelerate Your Customers’ SAP Journey
- Offer your customers the memory they need. Large-memory capacity M2 instances provide up to 12 TB per VM—3x more than M1 instances—and up to 416 Intel vCPUs—2.6x more than M1 instances.3 This can simplify management by enabling consolidation to a single large instance, saving your customers time and resources.
- The only SAP HANA-certified instances in Google Cloud run on Intel technology—your customers can have confidence in performance and reliability.
- Cardinal Health, a Fortune 15 Company, is moving to a 12 TB M2 instance for SAP HANA workloads. Google Cloud will provide Cardinal Health a better platform for growth as it looks to optimize and scale.4
Help Streamline Migration of Oracle Workloads to Google Cloud
- Google Cloud’s Bare Metal Solution is based on Intel Xeon Scalable processors and can simplify migration of Oracle workloads with specific configurations. Customers can maintain mission-critical data functionality and availability while getting access to the all the manageability, security and data services of Google Cloud.
- Because the Intel® hardware in the Oracle Bare Metal Solution is certified by Oracle, it helps reduce Oracle cloud deployment risk by ensuring the hardware is compatible with the Oracle database and operates as intended. Plus, customers can migrate most applications with little or no change.
- Offer the ultimate in flexibility to your customers—they can select from four different Intel technology-enabled bare-metal machine types: Small, Medium, Large and X-Large. Intel optimizes Oracle workloads to make migration simpler, faster, and more reliable.
Partner with Intel to Win More Enterprise Workload Google Cloud Customers
The alliance between Google Cloud and Intel is moving digital transformation forward by encouraging co-innovation between the two companies and Google Cloud customers. Through the alliance, you can provide better enterprise support, accelerate your customers’ success and drive strong customer retention. Get in touch with your Intel account representatives to access:
- Technical support from Intel’s engineers, who can help you and your customers with technical questions, explain how to best take advantage of Intel technologies, and provide information about Intel innovations on the horizon that enable Google Cloud’s offering.
- Opportunities to work closely with system integrators (SIs) that are intimately familiar with Intel technology.
- Assistance with proofs of concept (PoCs) to help align customers’ needs with the right combination of Intel and Google Cloud technology.
- Intel-funded Google Cloud VMware Engine trial program for your customer (see go/gcve-intel-credits).
- Marketing support for your customers’ PoCs to help develop compelling proof points and content that will help fuel sales and marketing efforts.
Your Intel Account Team
Please reach out to your Intel Account Team to identify customers who can benefit from Google Cloud and Intel Technology. Take advantage of the Intel-funded Google Cloud VMware Engine trial program now available for your customers. Details are available at: go/gcve-intel-credits.
Notices and Disclaimers
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.thailand.intel.com/performanceindex.
Intel does not control or audit third-party data. You should consult other sources to evaluate accuracy.