Software Enhances Photographic Workflow for Black-and-White Images
The case study looks at how Nik Software’s Silver Efex Pro 2*, optimized for Intel® Core™ i7 processors, provides photographers with all the power and control they need to create high-quality black-and-white images, helping them capture creativity quickly with accelerated performance and speed.
For those who rely on mobile workstations to convert and edit images, traditional processors can significantly slow creative workflow. Nik Software found that Intel Core i7 processor-based notebooks could enhance conversion rates and provide selective speed enhancements for more demanding tasks, enabling photographers to quickly achieve stylized looks with the advanced features found in the Silver Efex Pro 2 image editing software.
• Start working sooner. Boost media processing capabilities to enhance creativity and save time.
• Improve editing and rendering speed. Enhance output performance to handle memory intensive editing and rendering tools.
• Increase energy efficiency. Expand battery life to handle intensive image-processing applications in a mobile environment.
• Intel Core i7 processors. The Intel Core i7 processor with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.02 helps Silver Efex Pro 2 deliver its advanced intelligence with increased performance and faster turnaround times.
• Faster rendering time. The Intel Core i7 processor with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology improves editing and rendering capabilities, allowing multiple applications to run at once.
• Increased speed. Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 dynamically increases frequency, providing a burst of speed for the most demanding tasks.
• Peace of mind. The Intel Core i7 processor uses Power Aware Interrupt Routing for increased power savings, resulting in lower idle power output that saves energy for more demanding applications.
Read the full Software Enhances Photographic Workflow for Black-and-White Images Case Study.